Friday 31 May 2013

If I Were a Rich (Wo)Man

Pinterest is a dangerous thing; it exposes us to a whole range of objects that we wouldn't usually notice but, once seen, we feel we have to own.
My funds are very low at the moment and, even though it is pay day, I'm living in my overdraft. But I've put together a little wishlist of the items that have caught my eye this week, that, if money were no problem, I would already have snapped up.

First up is this beautiful creation.

Erikson Beamon Embellished Silk Gown - Net-A-Porter
This luscious bottle-green dress has been created exclusively for Net-A-Porter, the so called discount site. I love the beaded sleeves and the 1920's cut but, at £3,440, it's ridiculously out of my price range. See if you can afford it here.


Next up, fabric designer Amy Butler has brought out her new Blue Imperial range of bags in collaboration with Kalencom.

Amy Butler for Kalencom - Blue Imperial Collection

Look at that happy cow with her many bags and her frankly bizarre shoes.

Anyway, if you haven't seen Amy Butler's fabrics they are a combination of feminine and psychedelic and are really rather beautiful. She's continued this in her new range. It has quite a few fashion and travel bags but I'm drawn to this one the most.

Marni Duffle Bag with Ribbon - Amy Butler for Kalencom

I love the print plus it's so big it could hold all my junk. Check out the rest of the collection here.


Before I get to my next one-day-buy I have a question; Why are beanbags so expensive? They're just foam and fabric but some of them are as pricey as a fully upholstered armchair. I should really attempt to make my own but that seems like far too much effort.
If you haven't guessed, my next item is a beanbag, actually a beanbag chair to be precise, much fancier.

Beanbag in Avinon 132-15 - Dekoria
At £60.99 this isn't the most expensive one I've seen but it's still too much for me. It's from a great site called Dekoria which sells fabrics and homewares. The fun thing about it is you can get the beanbag in any of the fabrics, and there are over 1,000 options! Waste an afternoon looking at them all here.

I can't torment myself for much longer so I'm just going to share one more thing; these lovely Miniature Amethyst and Geode Pendants by PLUME.

PLUME Miniature Amethyst and Geode Pendants - Decadorn

If I was the type to employ multiple exclamation marks, I'd use them to show how much I love these (!!!!) but I'm not so that's enough of that. I still would really like one of these necklaces though and am thinking of trying to persuade someone to buy me one as an early birthday present (three months early). There's also a host of other pretty sparkly things on the Decadorn site, see them here.

That's about as much as I can take. I may make this a regular thing, tormenting myself, so stop on by again.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment