Thursday 2 May 2013

The Pressure of Voting

The sun shines down on this glorious day of the British Local Elections.
That must mean something surely? If there were dark skies and rolls of thunder would we be more likely to believe that the outcome will be bad?
But what is your version of bad? Hopefully it is something along the lines of a party with Nazi beliefs getting into power. Surely this is something that could no longer happen, a memory from the past.
But no, the UKIP party and their policies have been growing in popularity.

Now I'm going to try not to lecture, indeed, I have no right to, I do not follow politics closely and I have been to busy (forgotten) to vote in the past. But, I will definitely be voting today. Not only because of the UKIP threat but also because I feel that if sensible people who just want to get on with their lives don't vote than the people with extreme and dangerous views (nutters) will all vote and that's when you find that you're being controlled by UKIP (Ramsey).

Now I lean fairly far to the left, I am a bleeding heart liberal, but whatever your view please try and vote today. If only because you have that right and you should use it.

Some things are best left in the past, and the policies of the UKIP party are prime examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment