Friday 23 August 2013

If I Were A Rich (Wo)Man: Check Fashion

Tartan, checks and plaid make up this week's wishlist.

It's a classic look that never goes out of style and this Autumn I plan to be decked out in checks. These plaid items are top of my wishlist.

The Bag

Vivienne Westwood Bag
Vivienne Westwood Mulitcoloured Dome Bag - House of Fraser

I couldn't do a checks post without some Vivienne Westwood. This Multicoloured Dome Bag from House of Fraser is quirky yet classic and the deep red colour is perfect for autumn.
Like all of Miss Westwood's pieces though, this one comes with a high price tag, £450.


The Dress

Tartan Dress - Lipsy
Tartan Dress - Lipsy

I'm not usually a fan of Lipsy clothes, they tend to be in the lurex and spangley variety that is so popular with the TOWIE crew, but I do like this little tartan number. It's the sort of thing you can wear during the day with tights and boots then dress up for the evening. Plus, at £50 it's a sort of cheap version of Vivienne Westwood. Still a little pricey for me though.
This dress is part of the AW13 range and not on the website yet, but keep an eye out, it should be soon.


The Coat

Pushbutton Tartan Coat - Opening Ceremony
Pushbutton Tartan Coat - Opening Ceremony

This Pushbutton Tartan Coat from Opening Ceremony looks like an old man's dressing gown, I think that's why I like it, I can just imagine curling up inside it.

Pushbutton Tartan Coat - Opening Ceremony
Pushbutton Tartan Coat - Opening Ceremony
However, as it is $1,245, with postage on top, it may be easier to just ransack a charity shop for a checked dressing gown.


The Skirt

Check Skirt - People Tree
Check Skirt - People Tree

Ethical clothing company People Tree have given the traditional pencil skirt a twist with this checked number. I like the waist tie and the little side slit. This would look great with a lacey black slip just peeping out.
Again, this is part of the AW13 range and not on the site yet. I also don't know the price, but People Tree products tend to veer towards the expensive, so I'm guessing I won't be able to afford this.

That's all folks. Check back (get it?) next Friday for some more unaffordable prettiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment