Thursday 13 June 2013

If I Were A Rich (Wo)Man: 14/06/13

I've decided to make this a regular thing, tormenting myself with things I can't buy. I hope this doesn't destress you too much, and if you can afford these things then don't rub it in.

First up is this beautiful maxi dress from Asos, imaginatively called Maxi Dress in Floral Print with V Neck.

Floral Maxi Dress - Asos

I wasn't sure about this dress when I first saw it, I thought it smacked a bit of grandma's curtains, but maybe home furnishings are growing on me because I now love it. The fit looks flattering and I like the V neck with the split, it saves the print from being overkill. £60 isn't too bad really for a full length dress, but still, I've only pennies at the moment so this will remain a dream.
By the by, there are lots of lovely maxi dresses on Asos at the moment, very dangerous viewing.

Yael & Tal is a jewellery company I discovered on Boticca, another great site. They have delicate silver jewellery depicting people and scenes. I have fallen in love with this Reading necklace.

Reading Silver Necklace - Yael & Tal - Boticca

I's captured a perfect moment, plus the detail is fantastic. £52, hmmm, maybe one to add to the Christmas list.

Another dress, this time from Queen of Holloway.

1940s Green Wiggle Dress - Queen of Holloway


This site has a lot of handmade, vintage-style dresses. Most of them are a bit too pouffy for me, being more of the 50s era, but this wiggle dress is the complete opposite. Sexy yet full of class, at only £39.99 this is actually very reasonably priced and I am seriously considering splurging.

Finally, one for the home.

Vanity - Laura Spector Rustic Design

This is just amazing, it looks like it's grown straight from a tree. It's got fairy-tale style without being cutesy, I can imagine Arwin sitting at a dressing table like this. It's simply called Vanity, probably quite fitting, and is designed by Laura Spector. I think it's a one off piece so even if I had the money I wouldn't be able to get this exact one, but something similar. There is no price on the site, which is always a bad sign, I can only imagine what this beauty costs.

That's it for me, I hope these pieces have made your mouths water.
Have a happy Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment